Create Key Business Activities
Manage Impact of Disruption
Measure Impact Score
Dependencies and Recovery Needs
Manage Service Continuity Test Results
SMART Business Continuity Management System - BCMS
SMART Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) helps in strategic management of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, which are critical to ensuring your organization can survive and succeed following an unplanned disaster. Many organizations simply maintain large paper notebooks of business continuity and disaster recovery plans that sit on a shelf and quickly become outdated. Maintaining these BC/DR plans with word processing software or ad hoc solutions is time consuming and doesn’t meet the growing requirements from regulators, auditors, government agencies, customers, and investors.
SMART Business Continuity Software reduces the time you spend managing and maintaining plans. The solution enables you to understand your organization, develop implementable business continuity and disaster recovery plans, keep your plans up to date, and increase the availability of critical operations across the enterprise. The SMART Business Continuity Software solution is a comprehensive software, which has a wide coverage of different modules, such as Business Continuity Management , Audit, Risk, Polices, Incident & Change Management. This ensures, greater governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) good.
Key features of SMART BCMS system are mentioned below:
- Supports overall business continuity management (BCM) process by ensuring management of risks that could seriously affect Business & IT services.
Supports detailed Business Impact Analysis functionality to have following features:
- Identification of key business activities
- Assessing the impact of disruption
- Identifying the Recovery time objectives (RTO) and Recovery point objective (RPO)
- Dependencies and Recovery needs
- Supports definition of minimum time for recovery, to be specified within which minimum levels of recovery are achieved.
- Provides list of critical contracts that are required for the delivery of critical services.
- Provides list of services and/or vital business functions showing the recovery option for each.
- Can record and plan service continuity test plan for each service and configuration items, services and facilities that are to be carried out.
- Can record the results of service continuity tests that have been carried out.
- Supports Service Continuity / Disaster Recovery hierarchical escalation and notifications.
- Supports the development of a detailed recovery workflow for Service Continuity and Disaster Recovery activities.
- Integrates with Incident Management to enable the escalation of incidents to major incident or “disaster / crisis” status.
- Integrates with Knowledge Management databases to support controlled access to criteria to invoke SCM plans and to service recovery procedures.
- SLAs and service targets can be applied to for services Operating at a recovery site.
- Can Integrate with Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to enable rapid access to Configuration
- Integrated with change management to enable RFCs to be raised for Changes to SCM documentation.